Let’s face it, the best part about a new year isn’t that resolution you’re going to make, but rather the fact that you get to start from scratch with your vacation calendar at work! If you’re like me, I always check out the list of public/bank holidays for the year so I can see which ones fall on the weekdays, especially ones that fall on Thursdays or Sundays, because… 3-day weekends are what we live for!
Below is a list of the 2018 national holidays in Jordan and the day of the week they fall on so you can start planning your weekend getaways or staycations right now.
To summarize though, if you’re working in Jordan, during 2018 there are 11 total week-day holidays. And not to be pessimistic, but there are absolutely NO week-day holidays from January until May! Seriously, Jordan?
- Monday, 1 January 2018 – New Year’s Day “Ras Assanah al-Miladi”
- Tuesday, 1 May 2018 – Labor Day “Eid el-Ommal”
- Friday, 25 May 2018 – Independence Day “Eid el-Istiklaal”
- Thursday-Sunday, 14-17 June 2018 – End of Ramadan “Eid Al Fitr”
- Monday-Friday, 20-24 August 2018 – “Eid Al-Adha” (dates subject to change, depends on lunar calendar)
- Tuesday, 11 September 2018 – Islamic New Year “Hijiri New Year”
- Tuesday, 20 November 2018 – Birthday of Prophet Mohhamad “Mawlid al-Nabi”
- Tuesday, 25 December 2018 – Christmas Day